Sunday, May 25, 2008

...coming back...home???

....phhhhh what a trip!!! We had the time of our lives, but also some stressful moments during the journey. Driving to the party was no hassle at all, but unfortunately I missed most of the party: I was struck down with a sever migraine attack (note to self: need to see a doctor about this!) ... but there was still enough time to spent with everyone and enjoy seeing them.
Driving to Berlin was not as easy, since we had a little car break down, but nothing to bad. We just arrived very late that day. The days in Berlin were crazy, seeing so many friends, being invited to dinners on countless evenings, and getting things done...;-)))
I took some cool pictures, but still need to edit them. DH had an unexpected date for work, so we even stayed two more days and it was quite hard for me to leave this time ..... getting up at 5 in the morning did not help a bit!!! But we had an other date at the building site in the south, so we needed to get up that early. We go there just in time, and the kids and me travel the last bit by train, to leave the car with DH.
Being back, I found tons of work left undone and heaps of unfinished projects sitting on my desk. But before I could do anything about my ufos, my plants needed some attention, after being neglected for 10 days!! They have done quite well and nothing irreplaceable happened. From the trip I brought another addition to my balcony: a little black metal table...;-))
It starts to look much more like what I had in mind!! What do you think???
Here are the chilly plants in their new pots....
...and some freshly harvested lettuce....;-)) It tastes so good, when it is as fresh as that! And this is another "mitbringsel"( souvenir) from Berlin: my new Bokashi bucket. I started filling it with our organic waste and I am looking forward to how everything works. I will let you know about the process a bit more, once I get more used to it...;-)))
Today I have taken a day off to chill out, get some things organized and be more relaxed when school starts again tomorrow morning....;-) Enjoy your Sunday!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

yeah - good to tread you again! Love your balcony!!!

5:16 pm CEST  
Blogger Laura said...

I love your balcony. Looks like a wonderful place to just sit and relax with a cup of tea.

3:04 am CEST  
Blogger TheVintageMagpie said...

I love your studio, it looks so interesting. Does that bin compost the waste? What is the tap for?

9:54 am CEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home