Monday, June 18, 2007

Interview time!

On the weekend I got my interview from sweet Hagit. She posted this interview meme on her blog and I thought it was a nice idea, so I joined. Here are the answers to the questions I got from her:

1. Your crafting is very varied: you work with fimo, you make soap,you sew, you know how to knit and crochet, and you're a scrapbooker too! Which is your favourite and why?

Ohh, that´s difficult and easy at the same time: my favourite one is always the one I am doing right now! I just cant stick to one thing only. The world is so colourful and varied and I like to be the same. There is a craft for every mood I am in and so I keep jumping back and forth all the time. BUT at the moment I am a complete scrapper. I like that I can incorporate quite a view of my other interests and that makes it very appealing for me right now. It also gives me the chance to keep up with what is happening in my live and is much more interesting for me that writing a diary. I think over the time it will develop into something completely personal with a mix of many of my interests in it...;-)

2. What type of art/ craft do you really NOT like, or is completely UN-appealing to you?

I don´t think there is one, actually. Its more a style that I do not find appealing that a craft as such. The craft it the technique and so it always depends what you are doing with it. But there is one I will never really get into: felting! Not that I would not like it, but I just cant: I am allergic to sheep wool and so there is no chance for this craft with me!

3. Is there one LO, or any other of your art pieces of yours which you feel was unrightly overlooked? You really like it, but people seem to ignore it?

I had this feeling with quite a couple of my pieces, but with a bit of time passing I could see what it was that people do not like about this particular piece. Thats the time when I like to take a second look, because then I will be ready to makes notes about what I will do different in future. Sometimes it also takes a while until one particular piece is discovered....and many many times one person likes one piece and the next another...;-)

4. I know you like to travel. Where are you going next?

Thats an easy one! On Friday I will go to Bad Homburg, were I will have a Polymer Clay Workshop that my PC Group organised!! We have a great teacher ( Sarah Shivers) from the States coming and I really look forward to this! Seeing all the women from the group again and getting new impulses for my PC work ( which has been neglected a bit lately;-) ).
In August I will go to France with my family for our summer holidays. We as looking for a VW van right now and we will do a nice camping trip in France. This I also look forward to very much!

5. What is your dream?

I do have tons of dreams, but I think here we are talking about my art/craft dreams right? Normally I do not speak about it very much, because I feel very shy about it ... but maybe I should not be..;-) My biggest dream is do be able to live of what I love. Do my art and craft also for a living I do not want to sell my things, but I like to work in groups, teach others what I have learned and set goals for myself and the groups I am working with. I would like to be more involved in giving workshops (here also comes my love for traveling in...;-) ), get more things published and work on Design Teams. Up to now, I made some baby steps in the right direction, but I hope there will be more in the future. There its out!!! Hope it will do me good!


Thank you for this interview I really enjoyed it!!

And here is the"official part":

If YOU like to take part in this interview meme:

1. Leave a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. Beware, I’m not shy of asking personal questions! Please make sure I have your email address.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Have a great week!!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Sehr interessant!!! Hat Spaß gemacht es zu lesen und mehr über Dich zu erfahren!

10:17 am CEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I think this is one of my favorite memes! So interesting! I love what you said about scrapbooking, I feel it's the same for me, although I still take too long scrapping, so I need to practice more, and I will enjoy it more when it takes less time. It will be more accessible that way, I think. May your dreams come true!:)

10:27 am CEST  
Blogger Je@net said...

Great to read all these little and bigger things about you!
Go for your dreams girl, and maybe one day.....they will come true!

11:48 am CEST  
Blogger Christiane said...

jaaa, so lernt man leute kennen!! danke für den einblick!!

5:49 pm CEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview! Thanks for sharing.

8:56 pm CEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home