Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nice niece night

...last night we had a nice niece night...;-) One of our nieces is staying with us since one week. She is in a Russian Course right now, and will be going to St. Petersburg next month. Her course is here in Berlin, so she is staying with us. This weekend there was also another one of our nieces here with her Uni. So last night we had a niece niece night...;-) Its always so lovely to hear about their plans and travels and what they are up to. Doro also gave a little piano concert ( she plays fantastic!) and we had a lovely dinner together.....

Last week I finished the travel box I wanted to prepare for our holidays...and I am very happy about how it came out! It will be so lovely to do all my journaling while traveling! We still did not find the right car and so we will borrow a van from friends of us. On Saturday, straight after work we will go off!!! First to Colon to get the car , then to Freiburg to pick up the kids from the Grandparents and then off to France!!!

I still have tonnes of things to do before the holidays, but I fear I will not get them all done. Ah well, I will try my best and then see how everything goes. Today I just had to finish two new carved stamps....carving stamps is such a meditative process.....so good for calming down! And some nice things get done while getting calm again...;-)

One thing I am also proud is that I am keeping my promise to myself: I am better looking after myself! I went to see my dentist yesterday! One of my fillings were broken and I needed a new one really badly. I had not even realized this so it was very good I had made this appointment!! Since the filling had to go anyway, I decided I do not want a new one with Amalgam again and so now I am rid of at least one of them!!! I will have to take this slow, but eventually they all have to get exchanged! Feels good to go in the right direction!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

You know I love that box!! I can't believe you MADE those stamps?!?! Amazing! Truly amazing!

I know all about not wanting to go to the dentist, but it's always better when afterwards and knowing it's done!

3:43 pm CEST  
Blogger Beeline said...

Your stamps are the best!!!
Keep pumping out designs - you could create a line ;)
Carving is a great escape - I just love to get lost in the process.

4:03 pm CEST  
Blogger Cathy Pascual said...

beautiful work!!!
love those stamps!!!!

6:51 pm CEST  
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

Wow, you really made thos stamps??! Great job!

8:08 pm CEST  
Blogger Je@net said...

Wow, love that travel box!! It looks great!
And that stamp...jummie!! Great job girl!!

8:14 pm CEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stamps are so detailed and beautiful. Love them, and yes, dentist... I need to go too! :-)

Have a great vacation!

7:47 pm CEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home