Tuesday, May 09, 2006

vergiss mein nicht - R.I.P.

In the face of death we are all equal -
In the face of death we reveal our true nature -
some are stronger than live
some are weaker than we ever thought.


My Grandma died last night. She was a very caring sweet Lady. She was all the things, my mother never was able to be. I will never forget her and I am glad I was able to be with her in her last days, sit by her side and hold her hand. She was suffering a lot in her last days. Omi, I wish I could have helped you more in your last hours.


6 Comments:

Blogger kelly a said...

Anke,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Grandmother. What an honor for you to be beside her during her last moments of life...the essence of her will remain in your heart forever. It is through our pain that we feel most fragile, most human and the true meaning of love...peace to you and your family.

4:10 pm CEST  
Blogger TopCat76 said...

Anke,
so very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can find peace in the memories.
Tracey xx

9:04 pm CEST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I discovered your blog from the post you left at kelly's creative collage blog and just wanted to say that I am sorry that you lost your dear "Omi". Since you were there by her side, she knew how much you cared. Take care...

8:18 pm CEST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Kelly, Tracey ans Sharon!!! Ireally apreciate your kind words.....this is a tough time for me. But then: Thats live!

Hugs

Anke

8:43 am CEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your loss--my grandmother was to me more than my mother too.
It was great that you were with her in her last moments on earth--to be present at death is a lot like being at a birth. I was with my mom when she died--that was a story for my old blog which I'm sorry you missed.
be assured that your beloved is with you now more connected than ever.
;-)

12:04 am CEST  
Blogger maria said...

i'm so sorry to hear
big hugs to you

6:18 pm CEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home