Sunday, August 13, 2006

I need to slow down.....!

...this butterfly got lost in our appartment on a rainy day. After the photo shooting I let it fly out again...;-)

It illustrates very well the mood I am in right now.
I have so many things I want to do and a lot more I need to do. But I feel like I have to slow down!
I just got a wonderful book called "The creative License" by Danny Gregory . It is about how to draw. Not that I am completely new to this, on the contrary, I was quite good at drawing for a while, did hundreds of drawings while I was at art school, but I am completly out of practice!
And I was really shocked by some drawings I did the other day....!!! I need to practice my skills more or I loose them. This is basicly why a bought this book. And I have been reading most of it already!!!
It is a wonderful book and does not only talk about drawing, but a lot about live and how we tend to not really live, by not noticing anything around us. I know it is true for me. I feel like if I notice to many things I will not be able to do all the things I need to do. I think I have to do a lot of reajusting and slowing down, when drawing, when working and generally in live! Our time on earth is so short...und its worth taking in every little detail!


The other thing on my mind right now is to simplyfy and clear my live. Litteraly and figurativly speaking. Abby has a wonderful thread on her blog about this, too!! here and here.

I have been working on my studio and have done quite a bit of cleaning all the clutter but there is still so much more to do.....and the kids will have to help ,too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda D. said...

Oh Anke, I know just what you mean!!! I KNOW that I ought to de-clutter my house but do I? No! Maybe, having read this and your wonderful links, I'll finally do something about it!!!
Good luck with your own clearing ;>

3:34 pm CEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home